Does anyone really want to read this?

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Home at last
Well, I'm home after two and a half miserable days in the hospital. Well, the first two were miserable. Today was mostly boring.

Everything was right on time. They took me back as soon a I got there at 9 AM; if I had gotten there 15 minutes earlier, they would have taken me then, they were so ready. I'm not sure exactly what time they took me into surgery; it may have been just after 10:30. The last thing I remember is looking at this tiny little table that I would have to lay on my stomach on so they could cut into my back, and thinking I'll never fit on that. Next thing I know, it's 3 and a half hours later, and I'm in the recovery room.

Everything went very well, according to my doctors. The surgery took over 3 hours, and they cut out a huge piece of disk. The pain was pretty intense for the first two days. It's still there, but not as bad. I can sort of walk around and sit, even lay down, but bending and reaching is beyond me right now. There's a small line of staples in my back, which should come out on Friday. After that, I start physical therapy.

The hospital did an amazing job taking care of me. Bethesda Memorial, right here in Boynton Beach, FL. The nurses and PCAs were amazing, especially Joy and especially, especially Stacey. I had a private room (didn't expect that), and the food was partially edible, especially the soups. Go figure. My only complaint- the hospital TV got all the regular networks except for the CW. Good thing I set my Tivo for Smallville and Supernatural.

I want to say thank you to everyone who wished me good wishes and said a little prayer for me. I'm so grateful to all of you. I appreciate it beyond words.

  • 1
Welcome home and happy healing!

Thank you. I certainly hope so!

Great to hear from you! I'm so glad everything went well and that you're home!

I'm glad to be home. I was bummed when they said I would have to stay the extra day, but as the actual day wore on, I ended up being pretty glad. It was a rough night, a lot of pain, and I was glad I was in a place where I could be taken care of. Dad will have to change the bandage for me, though.

Holy moly! O_O Glad to hear the surgery went well, but I'm sorry you had to have it done. Good luck with the physical therapy! *hugs*

Thanks. I'm just glad this part is over. It made me a little nervous when my doctor made the "huge" remark- he didn't actually tell me the size, and I'm really curious about what exactly he took out.

omg, I had to wince reading that, oh gosh!

*HUGS* I'm glad they took good care of you!

It was pretty wince worthy. When I told my doctor on the morning of the second day how painful it was, he said we cut your back, it's like having a stab wound. So yeah, note to self, don't get stabbed anytime soon.

They really took amazing care of me. I was just so surprised, I guess I'm used to Brooklyn hospitals, where you're lucky if they show up once a night to see if you're still breathing, whether you need it or not.

It's good to be home. *Hugs back*

I'm glad it's over and you're on the mend.


Glad to hear that things went well and that you're now home and sleeping in your own bed again. Good luck with the physical therapy when it starts.

Thanks, Karen. Always glad to hear from you!

Great to hear you have been a rather pleasant time in the hospital! I hope it all heals very soon and all pain is gone! :)

Thank you, sweetie. I hope so too!

*cuddles gently* Glad it went well :)

*Cuddles gently back* Thanks!

Glad to hear everything went well. Welcome home! :)

*hugs* Glad it went well! I hope you'll feel better soon!

Thanks! I hope so, too!

I'm so glad everything went well and you are home already! I hope the pain goes away and physical therapy helps to make you feel as good as new. *Hugs*

Thank you, Carol. I hope so too!

  • 1

Log in

No account? Create an account